Say cheese. Kill me please.
There was a time I had over a 100 albums on Facebook. Recently, I went through them all and cringed every time I saw something I had thought fit to let pass at that point. Photos where my double chin was high-lighted. Photos where my stomach curved into two tires, both captured in gruesome detail by the all-powerful flash. Photos where every other person with me looked gorgeous, and I stood out like the sore thumb. Or basically the fat girl.
So a girl who once loved photos of her and her friends, now hides from the camera. I’ve devised ways to look semi-decent in my photos. Here are some of them:
1. Hide behind a friend and sort of peek out from his/her shoulder.
2. Hold the camera upwards at an angle, and then look up at it. (Warning: this doesn’t really work when you ask a third person standing far away to take the picture.)
3. Always stand at the end in a group picture, so you can crop out your body and arms if need be.
4. Always carry your own camera for events and insist on taking all the photographs, so you have complete power to crop/not include unflattering photos of yourself.
5. Dim light always looks better, as double-chins are sort of hidden in shadows.
If you have any more tips, I’d be happy to add them! Don’t say lose weight though! I will hunt you down and kill you with my bare hands.